Through Plenty, our culinary & nutritional education program, Lovin’ Spoonfuls provides our beneficiaries and those they serve with the education, tools, and know-how to empower them to feed themselves and their families. The primary goals of Plenty include ingredient education, resourceful preparation of fresh food, and providing the people we serve the culinary tools to use whole ingredients in meal preparation.
At Lovin’ Spoonfuls, our mission is to reduce avoidable food waste. Since 2010, our focus has been connecting excess food with those who need it most. This program, in line with our values and founding principles, connects our culinary support system to our beneficiaries, offering:
- Cooking demonstrations with recipes that promote healthy & efficient preparation
- Food storage demonstrations, tips, and education
- Nutritional seminars for cooks, social service centers, and individuals
- Food recovery/waste minimization tips & education
- Informational cards highlighting nutrition information, storage and preparation tips, and recipes, for lesser-known produce
- Money-saving strategies for whole-ingredient cooking (i.e. chicken bones, shellfish shells, vegetable scraps for soups and broths, repurposing day-old bread, learning to use the whole vegetable).
Interested in hosting a Plenty workshop? Please complete this form.
If you are interested in supporting the work we do with Plenty, please click here.