Lovin’ Tailgate has traditionally been our biggest event of the year – and one of our favorites. And while this year’s event is going to be different (it’s virtual and free to attend) we’re still excited for the opportunity to join together with friends near and far to reflect on what we’ve been able to accomplish, and what we hope to accomplish, with your support.
It’s going to be a great night!
Here are five reasons (in no particular order) why you won’t want to miss it:
1) A special performance from Lake Street Dive (plus, remarks from Lake Street Dive drummer, and member of Friends of Lovin’ Spoonfuls, Mike Calabrese, on food rescue, sustainability, and why it matters).
2) Wes Moore. Wes is the Chief Executive Officer of Robin Hood, one of the largest anti-poverty forces in the nation, an author, a combat veteran, and a social entrepreneur. Wes’ book, The Other Wes Moore, a perennial New York Times bestseller, captured the nation’s attention on the fine line between success and failure in communities and in ourselves. He joins us as our keynote speaker.
3) Chef Andrew Zimmern is back as Master of Ceremonies.
4) The debut of a brand new Lovin’ Spoonfuls video! It spotlights frontline workers – from our Food Rescue Coordinators to our non-profit partners – who’ve worked tirelessly this year to ensure healthy food reaches people who need it now.
5) Silent auction! Bid on an item or an experience to enjoy now or later.
BONUS – 100% of proceeds raised from this event support our food rescue operations.