Compiled and written by FRCs Lisa Day and Emily Leonard.
Every day at Lovin’ Spoonfuls, our awesome team of Food Rescue Coordinators (FRCs) are out on the road gathering food donations from all over Greater Boston, MetroWest and Western Massachusetts. Together, they rescue an average of 75,000 pounds of produce, dairy, meat, bread, and other food items that would otherwise go to waste every week. Their passion, work ethic and heart keeps them on the road day after day, serving our community.
We asked all of our FRCs to answer the following questions:
- How do you take your coffee?
- Best truck snack?
- What would your last meal be?
- If you could have dinner with anyone in the world (alive or dead) who would it be?
- What’s your go-to appetizer to order for the table?
- Favorite movie that you could watch again and again?
- If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
- Favorite musician/band/group?
- Go-to karaoke song?
- What’s your breakfast order?
- Describe the perfect sandwich.
- Which Golden Girl are you?
- If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?
- Favorite place to eat in Boston?
- What was your first concert? Your favorite concert?
- Favorite thing about trucker life?
- What’s the most interesting food/thing you’ve rescued on the road?
- What is something you’re learning right now?
- Favorite place to hang out in Boston?
- If you could jump into a pool full of something, what would it be?
With twenty loaded questions and twelve ready-for-anything FRCs, we were met with an abundance of information (and laughter). We got together and chose some of the funniest, most entertaining, and informative answers. Keep scrolling to get a taste of what our FRCs had to say!
Abby (4 months)
- Coffee: Mixed in with some hot chocolate
- Best truck snack: Raspberries
- Perfect sandwich: A corned beef Reuben
- Learning: Some piano
Anthony (4 years)
- Animal: A dog so I could hang out with Pickler and Paisley all day (Pickler and Paisley are Anthony’s two awesome and adorable pups!!)
- Breakfast order: If we’re talking brunch, Chicken and Waffles
- Perfect sandwich: Chicken cutlet, broccoli rabe, sharp provolone, braided roll, as introduced to me on my ride-along with Vinny
- Favorite place to hang: The Banshee in Dorchester with the Boston Hammers
Becca (1.5 years)
- Go-to appetizer: Hummus plate
- Favorite band: Fleetwood Mac
- Breakfast order: Breakfast scramble with crispy potatoes OR traditional English breakfast whenever possible
- If you could only eat one thing: Indian curry
Emery (1 year)
- Favorite movie: Not a movie, but I’ve watched the pilot episode of Grey’s Anatomy over one hundred times, does that count?
- Animal: A dog – always craving affection, too much energy to stay inside all day, will eat almost anything anytime
- Most interesting rescue: A whole box of $50 wheels of cheese!
- Learning: Banjo
Emily (1.5 years)
- Animal: A moose, so I could live in Vermont forever
- Karaoke song: Wide Open Spaces by Dixie Chicks or Dreams by Fleetwood Mac
- Most interesting rescue: Mushrooms still growing on a mushroom log!
- Pool of something: Chocolate pudding
Hannah (2 months/brand new!)
- Karaoke song: The Power of Love by the One, the Only… Céline Dion
- Perfect sandwich: Citrus glazed smoked tempeh with sliced heirloom tomatoes and fresh greens on 15 grain bread
- First/Favorite concert: First – The Black Keys (El Camino tour, Arctic Monkeys opened) / Favorite – Young the Giant at the Santa Barbara Bowl
- Favorite place to hang: The edge of the docks on the harbour. To just feel the brine-scented wind whip around you and listen to the water and the cawing of seagulls above.
Lisa (1 year)
- Last meal: Sushi buffet
- Favorite movie: Forrest Gump or Shawshank Redemption
- Learning: Spanish! I’m currently listening to a Spanish podcast course about a bee named Joel from the planet of Yole.
- Favorite place to hang: Anywhere along the Charles (with my bike)
Mike (1.5 years)
- Dinner with anyone: Marcus Samuelsson
- Animal: Honey Badger, they never give up
- Learning: Songwriting
- Favorite place to hang: Music studio
Reggie (4.5 years)
- Perfect sandwich: Banh mi with a fried egg.
- If you could only eat one thing: Banh mi. I’ve proven it.
- First/Favorite concert: First was The Cure at Orpheum. I put on makeup just like Robert Smith. So many favorites, but Led Zeppelin’s night at Red Rock was awesome
- Favorite place to hang: When the yellow moon rises and the werewolves are set to hunt, when the sparrows whisper and the ghouls dress up, I like to play pool at Jillians.
Sarah (7 months + 2 years from 2014-2016!)
- Go-to appetizer: Whatever fried or charred vegetable is on offer! My favorites are green beans and brussel sprouts.
- Animal: An alligator – I get to be warm, live in a swamp, swim constantly, turtles ride me for fun, amazing teeth, such attitude. I’d be one of the best/worst parts of Florida. The list just goes on.
- Favorite place to eat: Darryl’s Corner Bar, the food, drinks, and atmosphere are always exactly what I want out of life.
- Learning: I am learning to do my own manicures, since we’re all in lockdown and I still want pretty hands. I am learning patience, and faith, and how to let go.
Tyler (1 year)
- Animal: They say your favorite animal is how you perceive yourself and I’ve always liked ocelots. I’m a little, agile, night person?
- Dinner with anyone: Either Demetrious Johnson or Bryan Callen
- Golden Girl: Rose
- Pool of something: I’m not even a big sugar guy but probably Stewart’s Orange n’ Cream Soda. Phenomenal stuff!
Vinny (4 years)
- Last meal: Mike’s Roast Beef
- If you could only eat one thing: Mike’s Roast Beef
- Favorite place to eat: Mike’s Roast Beef
- Animal: Bulldog because I’d be so cute
We hope this feature brings a smile to your face, produces a laugh or maybe inspires you to play a round of 20 Questions on your next Zoom call!
We’ll see you on the road!!