Help Lovin’ Spoonfuls prevent and end hunger in Massachusetts! You can support our efforts or join our team here.
We are so excited to support Project Bread, the incredible group behind the 51st annual Walk for Hunger, by participating with a team on Sunday, May 5.
They have added a new 3-mile walk as an option for participants, in addition to the 20-mile walk and 5K run, making it easier than ever to take part.
This family friendly day culminates at Boston Common, where you will also find Lovin’ Spoonfuls at the Hunger Solutions Village alongside other organizations.
Donations to the team support community-based programs across MA, like and including Lovin’ Spoonfuls, that help people gain access to and afford food. Project Bread has been a big supporter of ours over the years and we’re glad to support their important mission and celebrate the impact they’ve had on our community.
Nearly 266,500 households in Massachusetts are food insecure (The Status Report on Hunger in Massachusetts, 2016). Supporting the Walk for Hunger, Project Bread, and the Lovin’ Spoonfuls team will help make a real impact for families in Massachusetts—last year’s Walk for Hunger helped support 315 local programs in almost 100 Massachusetts communities with over $2 million in funds raised.
Help team Lovin’ Spoonfuls reach our goal by making a donation or joining our team.
Here are 5 reasons to join our team!
- Raise funds for local hunger relief organizations (including ‘Spoonfuls) that help those who need it most in our communities.
- Meet fellow Lovin’ Spoonfuls supporters and staff members and enjoy an active day outdoors in the city.
- You can choose to walk as little as just three miles. Piece of cake! And perfect for the whole family.
- Be a part of the oldest recurring hunger relief movement and event in the US (since 1969)!
- Raise awareness of food insecurity in Massachusetts. 1 in 8 children in the state are food insecure, leading to health issues and setbacks.