Here are some of the resources we find helpful, and we hope you do, too! Have others you think we should add? Contact us.
- If you are an individual/family that needs help finding food, a Spoonfuls’ nonprofit partner may be able to help. Find one near you here. Or check out Project Bread’s Food Source Hotline.
- If your nonprofit is in need of fresh food for clients/participants, please contact us.
- For additional information about hunger:
- According to ReFed, more than 35% of the food we produce in the U.S. goes unsold or uneaten.
- The retail value of avoidable food waste is estimated at $285 billion each year.
- 80.6 million tons of food waste is generated in the U.S. annually.
- United States 2030 Food Loss and Waste Reduction Goal
- Jonathan Bloom’s Wasted Food blog
- NRDC Food Facts
- NRDC’s Wasted Report
- RecyclingWorks (MA)
- ReFed’s Food Waste Policy Finder
- ReFed’s Food Waste Innovator Database
- Society of St. Andrew
- Spoiler Alert’s Beginner’s Guide to Food Waste
- US Environmental Protection Agency