Here are some of the resources we find helpful and we hope you do as well! If you have any that you think we should add please contact us at email@example.com and we will take it under review.
Read our ‘Why Food Rescue‘ page to learn why we do this work and for current statistics on food insecurity.
- Are you an individual in need of food? Please visit our page to find a food pantry near you.
- Does your nonprofit need food? Please click here to contact us.
- Project Bread: 2016 Status Report on Hunger in Massachusetts
- Feeding America: Hunger in Massachusetts
- Share Our Strength: No Kid Hungry Campaign
By the Numbers
- According to American Wasteland, Americans waste more than 40% of the food we produce.
- The retail value of avoidable food waste is estimated at $218 billion each year.
- 63 million tons of food waste is generated in the U.S. annually, nearly all of it sits in landfills where it accounts for almost 25% of U.S. methane emissions.
- United States 2030 Food Loss and Waste Reduction Goal
- Jonathan Bloom’s Wasted Food blog
- NRDC Food Facts
- NRDC’s Wasted Report
- RecyclingWorks (MA)
- ReFed’s Food Waste Policy Finder
- ReFed’s Food Waste Innovator Database
- Society of St. Andrew
- Spoiler Alert’s Beginner’s Guide to Food Waste
- US Environmental Protection Agency