Here are some of the resources we find helpful and we hope you do as well! If you have any that you think we should add please contact us and we will take it under review.
- In 2013, nearly 700,000 people in Massachusetts struggled to put food on the table.
- 20 percent of households with children in Massachusetts reported that they lacked enough money to consistently buy food in the past twelve months.
- According to American Wasteland, Americans waste more than 40% of the food we produce.
- $750 million is spent annually by U.S. taxpayers to incinerate discarded food, resulting in almost 4% of total U.S. oil consumption.
- RecyclingWorks (MA)
Food Rescue Resources
- Cambridge & Somerville: Food For Free
- New York City: City Harvest
- Philadelphia: Philabundance
- San Francisco: Foodrunners
- Washington, DC: DC Central Kitchen